Affinity groups at OES are designed to support families whose identities have been underrepresented or marginalized and increase families’ sense of belonging in the community by providing spaces for renewal, dialogue, 反射, 和行动.
These groups offer caregivers the opportunity to discuss their individual 经验s among a peer group that shares a common identity. Parents and guardians develop self-awareness and cultural knowledge, 解决社会互动问题, 建立支持社区. Thr groups are facilitated by two to three parent facilitators, 并得到公平董事的支持 & 包容. 点击这里 to learn more about affinity and allyship groups for students.
为了支持所有的学生, OES recently made the intentional decision to support the formation of a 颜色亲和组学生家长/监护人. We hope to add more affinity groups as our capacity grows.
Affinity groups support the community’s development of cultural competence and acknowledge the human dignity of all. As well as living into the stated values of the school:
- 意识: 人类的差异问题. 认识并参与人类思维的范围, 经验, 而身份认同对于这个学校社区来说是至关重要的.
- 对话: The extent to which the school commits to ongoing dialogue and effort towards inclusion will determine our ability to wholly fulfill the school's Mission and realize its Vision.
- 勇气: OES recognizes that conversations about inclusive community require courage. Mistakes and times of discomfort are a part of the learning process.
- 承诺: The OES Board of Trustees recognizes its leadership role in creating an engaged community that:
- Embraces and celebrates a diversity of people, voices, and perspectives.
- Develops intercultural communication skills for local and global understanding and citizenship.
- 理解历史特权和权力不平等, and challenges norms and systems that perpetuate exclusion.
- Regularly evaluates and strengthens the school's practices of equity and inclusion.
These groups are an additional avenue for adults and their students to work towards mastery of these OES Essential Competencies:
充分履行云顶国际官方网站的使命和身份, we engage students and adults in a continuous process of exploration, 连接, 创建, 承诺, 和反射. We strive to develop for all members of our community the opportunities and ability to:
- Listen actively and recognize perspectives beyond one’s own
- Build resilience and respond constructively to challenges